The Department of Economics aims to be a leading institution for economics education and research.
The Department of Economics aims at equipping students with lengthy range of analytic tools. Contemporary popular terms of learning how to study, capability of analytic problem solving, ability to adapt, innovation and entrepreneurship have long been the subject matters of Economics.
The Department of Economics aims at equipping students with various skills each of which is at the highest level through its academic, social, and professional facilities and enables them to make use of the tenets of economics properly both in their professional and private lives.
The curriculum of our department is designed in an appropriate way to attain this goal. .
Great attention will be paid on the studying and analyzing the main concepts of public finance, evolution of world economics, economics of European integration and the current ongoing processes of Nigerian, African and World Economy and the economic developments of XX century.
Also, The Department of Economics aims at equipping students with analyzing how the government and globalization can affect the national and international economics. They possess the core principles and concepts of economics including: Inflation, unemployment, national income distribution, price systems, supply, demand and market equilibrium.
We give our students the tools they need to be successful in their careers and to be effective citizens. Further, because we serve a diverse student body, we strive to maintain a culture of inclusion so as to provide the highest quality educational experience possible. The students will share variety of cultures.
- Administrative Positions in firms of all sectors,
- Specialty in bank and finance institutions,
- Specialty in accounting and finance departments of all firms,
- Career position in public institutions,
- Positions of Academics
- By globalization and development of Nigeria, the potential of employment has increased for the graduates of economics in institutions such as World Bank, IMF, World Trade Organization, United Nations, and European Union.
- Moreover, some of the graduates get high positions in family firms and take initiatives for new entrepreneurships. These graduates, who have a different world vision and theoretical background from that of the first generation founder-managers, promote family firms to a great extend.
- Furthermore, a number of graduates demonstrates examples of entrepreneurships and innovations and establishes businesses for themselves. The curriculum of the program gain students adequate and practical knowledge.
While the Department of Economics has students gain skills of quantitative measurement and analytical analysis, they possess knowledge on deeper human perceptions of social sciences. Hence, the individuals who receive a good quality education of Economics can contribute to all the fields of life.